Thursday, February 18, 2016

Night Blog 2/18/16

After reading, I wonder…
Do any of the characters feeling change as you’ve read? Explain why or why not.
Describe a character that you would like to meet (which doesn’t mean that you
think you would like the character, but that you think the character would be

interesting). List 4 questions that you would ask.

           After reading, I wondered what would of have happened if Elie had not lied about his age. He could of died which is the most obvious possibility or he could of still survived through the camp. I wonder if there was a way for Elie’s mother and his sister could of survived or were they sent to the gas chambers as soon as they arrived. Was it possible that if the hanging of the young child happened earlier when they were in the concentration camp could that mean that they would of revolted. Elie feelings towards god have changed through out the book.


            In the beginning of the book Elie want to advanced his religion studies on page 3 were it is stated “I was almost thirteen and deeply observant. b day I studied Talmud and by night I would run to the synagogue to weep over the destruction of the Temple.” This shows he cares about god, but after he was sent to the concentration camp he begins to say “Never shall I forget those moments that murdered my God” This happens on page 33 which shows that eventually he stopped caring for his god.



              If I could meet any character it would be the hangman because he done so much. In would ask him how many people has killed or help kill during the Holocaust?  I would want ask him "How did he feel knowing that he ended the lives of so many?" Did you want to kill the Jew or were you forced by a threat? My final question would be "If you could go back and not kill the Jews are would you not change anything?"



No comments:

Post a Comment