Friday, October 9, 2015

Comin Home

"Comin Home"

It hurt my brother and me too
 see our parents struggle

Living in a desperate time, 
among a desperate people, 
among war 
among famine, 
among epidemic

There are only a few of them left now
thirty years of war made sure of that

My father started to wonder
DOES GOD HATE ME?
DID HE CURDSE ME BEFORE BIRTH?

I went back to the homeland recently
 to my family,
 to help
our separation was over.

"For today, 
we are not refugees, 
we don't live in adobes. Now we live back
 home among our people
 and we celebrate our 
new year,
and we dance.

They talked "Even stories fail
 me as I tried recall

I told them "Here, too, is money
With Money, you can do much. 
But exercise great care

 As I left my father told me 
remember your country remember us


No comments:

Post a Comment