Thursday, November 20, 2014

Mocking Jay 11/17/14

Mocking Jay

Prompt: 1.) Summary 2.)Characterization 3.) Point of view

Pages 3-53


             Katniss Everdeen is visiting district 12 after the capital, bombed the district. She is sadden by the fact that many died because of her destroying the arena in the games.  After walking around for some time she must return to district 13 were she is now living and her family.  She eventually finds out that Petta is still alive and is happy. After some time she agrees to be the mocking jay for district 13.  She has some conditions for being the mocking jay Petta is not going to be killed, she get to hunt, her sisters cat gets to stay, and she gets to kills snow. Later they discover that Katniss had been kidnapped and is being held in a floor even deeper underground.



      Katniss is very humble on page 6 on paragraph 3 which shows that she is very sad that she is the reason that her home was destroyed. This an indirect characterization because it does not say that she was sad but she thinks in a current way to let the reader know. On page 38 she wrote on piece of paper "I Kill Snow"... This a direct characterization because it show that she hates snow and want his dead.  On page 39  Katniss says that "Gale. I'll need him with me to do this" Which shows the reader that she care about Gale which is and indirect characterization.



      I believe that this story is in first person because Katniss is always say I and me. An example of this is one page 21 where she says "I push people aside until I am right in front of him..."  Which shows the reader that she is talking the first person perspective.  Another example would be on page  11 where Katniss thinks "I just watch the perfect line of Coin's hair and try to decide if it's a wig. Which again shows that she is talking in firs person. My final example is on page 28 where Katniss says "I bite my lip, trying to remain serious. Which shows the reader that it the book is in first person.



       

1 comment:

  1. I like how you focus on characterization throughout your blog. Does it help you understand the characters on a more complex level?

    ReplyDelete