Sunday, January 11, 2015

The last time a did something of the first time.




         

            A few day ago one of the mom that bring her kids to my mom's daycare asked my mom if we be okay with taking her kid's guinea pig. Mom agreed with the mom and the next she brought the guinea pig. At this time I did not notice until the day she brought the guinea pig it was big surprise for me. This was the first time that I had got a guinea pig as a pet and I was excited.  The guinea pig was a female the original owner had named her Princess. I have yet to change the name do to the fact that my sister likes the name and I have not been able to come up with anything better.


             Princess is two years old at the time that I am writing this blog and most guinea pig live to be 4-5 year old if the proper care is given.  Her fur is tow different colors the middle of her body is white while her back and face is black, her face has a white line running down the middle between her eyes.. She is very shy she hides in her "igloo" and she also jumps up when you try to pick her up.  She is is about 8-12 inches long and weighs about a pound or two.  Since Guinea pigs are so big they need to eat 3 times a day they are mainly vegetables and fruits.


            I feed her different times of vegetables mainly lettuce, tomatoes, and celery.  Every week I have to change the material that cover the her cages so that she can go to the bather room. She is very clean she has one area were she sleeps and one are were she does her business.  She does not drink a lot of water  I don't know if that is normal. She likes to run inside of her "igloo" in circles that is a way for her to get the exercise she need to stay health so that she can live longer.  



 



2 comments:

  1. I could tell that you were rushing, take your time next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omar - It sounds like you are a great guinea pig owner!

    ReplyDelete