Sunday, May 22, 2016

Final Quarter Reflection

Final Quarter reflection 


Anybody entering Mrs. Larson class should know that this class is not for the lazy and slackers. You will have homework on the daily and must be able to turn the homework in on time and the work must be high quality. One of the things to make this easier is to be organized, as their is nothing worse than not being able to find work and getting in trouble for it even if you already did it. Time management is very important, as you will have lots of work you will need to manage your time.  The final thing that a new student to Mrs. Larson class should know that if slacking off and not listening in class is not a way to succeed in this class.


The book that I enjoyed to read this year was “Sylo” by D.J Machale because the book was fun and interesting to read.  I was able to get invested into the book, as the book embodies two of my favorite genres science fiction and mystery. The book deals with the mysteries death of a fit football player that evolves into an adventure involving the government and a mysterious item that helps people become better athletes. The book has very interesting character that get you involved in the story. The book is just for a good time and I founded very enjoyable.

I believe that the hardest part of the school year was having to write my argumentative essay. It was the hardest part of the school year was the fact that I had to revise my essay multiple times until the essay was good. Making the M.L.A citation was difficult, as making the M.L.A citation on the Ipad is difficult. However I believe my argumentative essay was my best work of writing I have made this year was my argumentative essay, the reason being I worked so hard to make the essay good.


I believe I have made the biggest improvements in my writing this year. I notice when I looked back at my seventh grade blogs that I would start many sentences with “As well…” However I have found other ways to transition from sentence to sentence, while managing to keep the follow of the paragraph.  I also, learned how to properly use commons and how to properly form an independent clause. I was able to learn these things from my teacher which helped me be a better writer.


The nicest thing that anyone did for me this year was helping me in my writing. Even though it was not only one person that helped me it was the nicest thing anyone did for me. I needed help with my writing this year and when people helped me better my writing I was glad that I could get the help I needed. When I got help it made me feel great and it was very help full.


I believe that the things that I will never forgot was the party we had after we finished reading To Kill A Mockingbird. Being able to eat food from the location of TKAM, was very exciting and fun. The ability to talk with my friends in class, while eating food was a great experience. This was the one of the best parts of the year and is something that I will never forgot. 


One of the most importing things that I learned this year, was how to properly use commas and in which occasion to use them and when to not. Learning this was important as being able to use a comma properly is fundamental part of writing. The second most important thing that I learned this year was how to properly write an independent clause. I knew how to write independent clauses, however I did not know the complete and total ways to write an independent clause. The third most important thing that I learned this year was how to properly proofread an essay. I had prior experience on proof reading, however I needed more experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment