Tuesday, May 24, 2016

I believe speech 5/24/16

                                           "I Believe In Caring For Your Sibling"


             I believe in being there for your siblings when they need you.  We have experiences that make us who we are. We all have experiences that change who we are.

             I found out that I would have a younger sibling during 2009. I was delighted. However, a thought slithered into my mind. What if I wasn't a good older brother? She was born on May 11, 2010. Eventually my sister started Kindergarten and when she would be dropped off at school she would cry, saying she did not want to go. This lasted for months. I tried to comfort her, so that she would feel better. I had to be there for my sister, since this was a traumatic moment for my her. I had to take charge, so that she wouldn't be scared. It would take some time, but we would be able to get my sister to go to school without crying.

           The situation impacted my family and through this I learned that being there for your siblings is important.
    



No comments:

Post a Comment