Thursday, April 28, 2016

Tuesday's with Morrie blog 4/28/16

            
Tuesday's with Morrie 
Prompt: what Tuesday has influence you the most?
Pages:81-114

        The Tuesday with the most influence was the fourth Tuesday because it talked about death.  Death has always been a topic that I have had trouble dealing with and this Tuesday helped get a better understanding. The Tuesday influence me because it helped me get a better understanding of death this is shown on page 81 were Morrie states "do what the Buddhists do. Everyday, have a little bird on your shoulder that asks 'Is today the day? Am I ready? Am I doing all I need to do? " the quote showed me that we should live life like we could possibly die. Which makes me think we should think about living are lifes to the fullest.



        The second reason I picked this Tuesday was the fact that Morrie talks about religion. however he does not have a specific religion as he borrows freely from all religions. This is shown on page 81 were Mitch says "Morrie borrowed freely from religions." Which shows that it does not matter if you follow one religion or all religions. The quote shows that you do not needed to follow anyone religion, instead take the parts that are good from a religion and use them to live your life in a better manner. The quote as well shows that as a person you do not need to follow one religion which is something I have had trouble doing.



          The final reason this Tuesday has influenced me was the fact that Morrie was living your life with meaning and not without purpose. In the book Morrie and Mitch our talking about death and Morrie tells Mitch he should listen to the parrot on his shoulder. This is shown on page "Well the truth is if you really listen to the bird on your shoulder, if you accept that you can die at any time- then you might not be as ambitious..." Which helped me to understand that sometimes trying to over achieve can cause stress which is one of the things that I have done. The quote as well shows how sometimes it is good to slack off and relax.





             



No comments:

Post a Comment