Monday, February 23, 2015

Global collaboration reflection

What was your level of global awareness before entering 7th grade? How have your collaborations and projects with your Indian and Swedish pen pals changed your level of global awareness? How has your perspective on other cultures changed through your collaboration? What has been the most interesting/shocking/funny thing you have learned so far?

            

             My global awareness was at a high level before entering 7th grade. I knew most of the important events that were happening in the world.  I knew most of the events that were happening thanks to the internet and T.V where I saw the news or a website talking about what happened around the Earth. Thanks to our world cultures class, I was able to learn about other cultures around the world in 6th grade. This made me more aware of other cultures from other countries only at a lower level. My global awareness was also greatly influenced by my family and the food we ate and the books we read or I read.

          After our global collaboration my global awareness has increased expeditiously because I have learned similarities and difference between my pen pals and me.  Our Indian pen pals and us play sports such as basketball, volleyball, and football we both played these sports because they are fun or good for our health. While one difference is that they play a game called cricket that is similar to baseball and that also play a game called Kho-Kho which is a slight different verse on tag but played like a sport.  Our Swedish pen pals and us have many thing in common, one the thing that we have in common is that both of our schools have fairly small classrooms and with multiple desks to do our work. One major difference between our schools is that they do not wear shoes at their school while we do.

          My perspective on other cultures have changes after out global collaboration project.  I now know that the most popular sports in India are basketball, volleyball, Kho-Kho,football,tennis, and cricket.  One of the major companies there makes different types of yarn.  After our collaboration project I believe that cooking is a very important part of the Swedish culture because they have a class to learn to cook when they are just in middle school.  Another thing that I learned about Sweden is that education is very important because they have better equipment  and I believe it is cleaner

         The most interesting thing that I learned from my  Swedish pen pals was that they had such a gigantic school. I found this shocking because it seemed to be the same size a Morton high school even though it is a middle school.  I found it funny how the student in the Sweden did not have to wear their shoes in school. One thing that I found interesting about our Indian pen pals is how formal their school uniform was they had to wear ties and a formal shirts which is something that most public middle schools in America don't do. Our Indian pen pals play the game Kho-Kho which is a different version of tag which is played as a sport which I found very interesting.




          

No comments:

Post a Comment