Friday, February 27, 2015

"The Jungle"

"The Jungle"

By Omar R.


As I cut the jungle green vines to clear my path to safety.
After hours of cutting and cutting exhaustion came, without a bit of rest lately.
I come across a beautiful site a small paradise not harmed by a human.
There were monkeys, panthers, parrots and leopards I was the only man.
To see these animals that were supposed to be hunter and the prey living with peace.
The tiger had black spots on top of his beautiful golden fleece


In the back you can see a graceful waterfall I went and swam in the water as blue as the  seas.
As the monkeys learned not to hit me, they for some reason checked me for fleas.
I taught the monkeys to play  baseball, basketball I was bombarded being beat by monkeys that a first.
The trees grew fruits that I would give the world to taste the fruit that we feasted on.
As we ate together I saw the alligator eat a white swan.

After many days we had all become great friends knowing what we need to do.
I began to think that it was time to leave and pay my due.
As a left all the animals came and gave me a hug and I said my goodbyes and left.

Today this day I wished that I could return, one day I will see them again and maybe I will feel what I felt.


1 comment:

  1. This poem was extremely enjoyable. When I was reading I felt like I was the one teaching them all those things. To be honest, your poem is way better than mine!

    ReplyDelete